By the end of this module you will:
- Understand what governance is and how it is different from management
- Understand your roles and responsibilities as trustees
- Appreciate what the National Occupational Standards for Trustees, TS, are and how you can use them to improve the governance of your organisation
- Understand the ways in which you are accountable as a trustee
- Discover how to use the TS to identify the training needs of trustees and plan to meet those needs
- Understand the roles and functions relating to the positions of Chairperson, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and Company Secretary
- Appreciate how clear roles descriptions can support good governance and help trustees and office holders fulfil their duties more effectively.